The Crazies Come Out For Haiti
It had to happen, the bodies are piling up into the street, people are driven beyond the point of desperation and the international relief effort is slowly chugging into action and now out come the crazies. If Pat Robertson’s comments beggared belief then the now conspiracy milieu take the biscuit and run off with it to yaa yaa land.
Whilst I don’t like to give these people too much publicity I feel that they are going to come out in greater numbers as they gather their ‘proof’. Therefore I want to take apart their claims here and now in the hope that they don’t gain any extra publicity for their delusions. I also want to help spread rationality where I can and these people set themselves up as enemies of reason alongside the faithful and the pedallers of snake oil.
I recently posted a jokey Facebook status pointing out how strange it was that millions of us hadn’t died in the NWO’s swine flu vaccine plot when a friend commented about them testing their super new earthquake weapon.(he was joking) I swiftly, and without a moments hesitation, sped across to Google and asked the font of all human ignorance if this were so.
Lo(l) and behold I find that it is true!
It seems that the quake wasn’t in fact caused by pressure building up between tectonic plates which eventually release the energy built up over hundreds and thousands of years in the form of an earthquake. It was in fact the U.S. Government testing their H.A.A.R.P super weapon! Why is it always the U.S. Eh? How come no one ever thinks of the Belgians eh? All eyes to the U.S. and the Belgians have the perfect cover. Never trust a country who build their economy on chocolate, waffles and Agatha Christie characters, that’s what I say!
“Suppose this “natural disaster” been a weather weapon aimed at Cuba but came up short in it’s delivery?”
Well if that was the case the U.S. Military really need to work on their aim don’t they? Cuba’s bloody miles away from the epicentre of the quake. These are the people than can take a picture of what newspaper you are reading from space, shoot a missile from 100 miles away through the window of a building in Baghdad yet they manage to hit the wrong sodding island?!?!?
They go on
“The possibility of this being true is not far fetched or out-of-this-world in theory. Weather manipulation and weather warfare are not new concepts and certainly could be the choice of the powers that be to devastate an enemy with a cloak of Mother Nature’s disguise to fall back on.”
Except that this is a far fetched, out-of-this-world theory with no grounding in science or rationality. Quite how a ‘weather weapon’ could affect tectonic plates is beyond me.
The weather weapon these people are talking about is the H.A.A.R.P project in Alaska. H.A.A.R.P stands for the High frequency Active Auroral Research Program which was set up in the 1990s to research the ionosphere and its properties for communication.
One of the more in depth ‘theories’ I found, well ones that didn’t include Haitians making pacts with the devil that is, was the following on a conspiracy theory forum by a user calling themselves Ethiricplane(!). In their post they lay out 13 (well there’s 14 actually but hey) reasons why the quake was caused by the U.S. Disconcertingly their ‘theory’ wasn’t shot down in flames and they seemed to be taken seriously by a surprising amount of people.
“13 Reasons to suspect HAARP caused Haiti quake”(link)
1) Haiti is near a HAARP array in Puerto Rico just a few hundred miles away.
2) Haiti is a low tech, unguarded, unwanted country, a good place to experiment without getting caught.
3) A street cam running at time of quake clearly showed ground moving up and down only! as if roiling, percolating or boiling. Very little sway in the telephone poles. This salient fact indicates super heated ground water not crust smashing or crustal slippage which always goes sideways. This is the most telling evidence I have uncovered so far. My friend said the lightpole supporting the camera was swaying forward and backward from horizontal motion, but you decide. The other poles don’t seem to be doing this. The ground actually looks like the surface of a crusty, boiling pot of old stew.
- This is true, they’re off to a good start. There is a H.A.A.R.P facility at the Areciboe radio telescope in Puerto Rico. (link to the main HAARP project)
- If by low-tech they mean cripplingly poor after a series of dictatorships and the vast amount of historic debt they country has incurred then yes. Unwanted is an odd term, I mean I’m sure the vast proportion of the world population never really though of Haiti until this quake. A good place to experiment without getting caught? Aye that’s right because we all happened to miss the bloody great 7.0 on the richter scale earthquake!
- No, no it doesn’t. It implies that the ground is being shaken by massive seismic force. As shockwaves spread out from the epicentre the ground moves up as the wave hits and then back down again. Also the kind of motion is dependent, I believe, on the form of earthquake.
4) A tourist vid, taken simultaneously from above the city showed dust and what appears to be steam coming up all across the quake zone. There also appear to be some HAARP clouds, but this may be just the sunset catching the bottoms of clouds as the quake occurred at 5:00 PM
- Well you would expect dust and steam after a massive tectonic event. You know what happens when you destroy a shed load of buildings really quickly? You get a hella lot of dust.
5) Earthquake was actually not on a big fault line, but quite far south of the North American plate and Caribbean plate. They don’t usually have quakes there, much less big ones like this. HAARP can create quakes anywhere there is water or trapped moisture, and our planet is honeycombed with water and pockets of gas.
6) The quake occurred at sunset which may have been an attempt to camouflage any HAARP clouds with the sunset. It could have been planned to occur after sunset in the city of P o Prince, but they missed a bit.
7) There were an excessive number of 5.0 aftershocks. This is highly unusual and may indicate the superheated ground could not cool off quickly. Scalar waves which are generated off of EM waves can accomplish this.
- Factually wrong, Haiti is actually on the Enriquillo-Plantain Fault which lies along the border of the Caribbean plate and the Gonvave platelet.
- As with the idea that they could miss the island by a longshot they also couldn’t find out what time the sun went down in Port-au-Prince? Don’t these supervillains have Google?
- This is just factually incorrect rubbish followed by gobbledygook. Aftershocks can carry on for decades, even centuries after the initial quake.
9) The evening news floated lies about this quake within a day of it’s happening, saying “there was no tsunami because there was no vertical motion”, only horizontal motion. This seems to be a complete lie given the street cam.
10) The evening news did not have a reputable scientist give this report, they had a handsome young reader who seemed to be looking to advance his career more than provide any real science.
11) The news also lied about the quake being on the North American and Caribbean fault line. If they are lying like this, the question is why is the evening news floating disinformation about this quake? When they float stupid lies, I conclude they are covering up something.
12) Another news idea that doesn’t make much sense is how such a deep earthquake can only effect a small target area and not its neighbor The Dominican Republic. I guess they are next….
12) The Russians have been warning us about these kinds for uses from HAARP, which is why they have their own system now. HAARP wars, anyone?
13) Haiti is prime real estate once you get all the locals off it. The US military is now in control, without firing a shot. I gotta hand it to the Illuminati, they are very smart. They can take over a country and murder thousands and then be thanked from the bottom of the victims hearts. Very smooth. The Illuminati have a pact with the devil, not the Haitians.
- I wouldn’t know what this guys local news reported as I don’t live near him, thank the fates. Can you imagine having a mouth breather like this for a neighbour? I can however imagine that most news channels probably don’t have a seismologist on staff.
- So a news reporter reporting the news rather than a ‘reputable scientist’ implies that the U.S. governement attacked Haiti with a science fiction doom ray?
- His news channel got something factually wrong, shock They were pretty close though to be fair. Closer than this guy anyhow.
- Wasn’t it effected? I’m pretty sure they would have felt the quake. The reason for the massive damage to Port-au-Prince is the poverty of the country and the shambles of an infrastructure. That and it was pretty much sat on top of the epicentre.
12redux)Translates as: I am a mental
And now, since I started writing this piece it seems that ‘socialist’ Venezuelan premier Hugo Chavez has come out and accused the U.S of using H.A.A.R.P to attack Haiti. WTF??? I mean, this pillock is just giving the air of legitimacy to the tools. That and making himself look like a fruit-loop.
The ahrcanum blog has some more ‘theories’ revolving around H.A.A.R.P and the Haitian quake. After the initial sop to show how much the author is affected by the human suffering of the quake the author asks:
Is it nature communicating to Haiti or is it some man made force of destruction that has by some estimates killed half a million people?
Well that depends. You see nature doesn’t communicate things to us, we more interpret natural events using the tools at our disposal. In the case of the earthquake we use the sciences we have developed to understand the causes of the events in question, geology, seismology and the like.
On the matter of it being some man made force of destruction there is in fact a nugget of truth in there, if we can first wash all the bullshit from it. Whilst the earthquake wasn’t caused by H.A.A.R.P the devastation seen in Port-au-Prince was without doubt increased exponentially by the crippling debt and poverty imposed upon the island nation by international organisations like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. The IMF who are now saying they are increasing the loan extended to Haiti to $100,000,000 in order to help them rebuild. This money will of course come with strings attached with regards economic restructuring. As it always does.
Now that’s no conspiracy, that’s the way of the world. It’s no hidden agenda involving secret cabals and science fiction weaponry. The fact that we live in a capitalist world which allows people to live in abject poverty meant that when the earthquake hit the infrastructure wasn’t there to deal with the devastation. The fact that we live in a capitalist world means that the people of Haiti will still be living in abject poverty once the television crews have left only now their loan sharks will have an even tighter grip of their throat.
Now that’s no conspiracy, it’s real and it’s happening all around us and it’s a damn sight more frightening than New World Orders and super sonic doom rays.
Posted on January 23, 2010, in International, Interwebs and tagged alex jones munching on my hairy balls, conspiracy, conspiracy theory, contrails, earthquake weapon, h.a.a.r.p, haarp, Haiti, Haitian earthquake, help haiti, n.w.o, new world order, nwo. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.